Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Have Seen Responses

I read Cheyenne's abstract poem, "You can't defend yourself" and I thought it had a lot of imagery. I could feel myself picturing her words, like " I have seen through tears drying down someone's cheek." I feel this poem had so much meaning behind each word. Like she really thought it through and didn't just put words certain places because she thought it sounded good. I really liked the I would rather be verse, the repetition was a nice touch. One of my favorite lines was," I won't change though, I'm persistent." It makes me think that the person knows they are being selfish but they can't help it. There was also repetition with poke and pester throughout the poem. The first verse I felt was a bit dark, but not in a bad way. It made my head go to a different mind set, which was the point. I felt Cheyennes poem did a really good job of capturing the essence of her abstract noun. So all in all I think she did an amazing job.



I read Harlyns poem, "Trembling Earth" and I thought it was amazing. She used so much imagery throughout the entire poem that I felt as if I were there. For example the verse," I have watched the fiery power of pounding fists trying to break the peace and send the earth into chaos." When I read that I can see the world breaking into chaos and things going horrible. There is also alliteration with power and pounding. One of my favorite lines was," I have heard the ocean of mean words." That is a fantastic metaphor. She's heard so much name calling, and verbal abuse that it could fill an ocean. I like the way she ends her poem with a question because it leaves the reader thinking. And if there thinking then there friends are going to want to know what there thinking about, so then there friends will read the poem. So it's a good way to get people to read it. And I hope people do because her poem talks about a serious issue that the world has. But all in all I thought Harlyn did a great job of making her abstract noun concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment